NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY PROVIDING A SUBMISSION, SUBMITTER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
The OROGOLD Video Contest encourages OROGOLD customers to tell us in a video what they think about any OROGOLD product or to show how they use an OROGOLD product.
Videos, no longer than 5 minutes, will be judged by the OROGOLD marketing team. Social media will be used to gather public opinion. Two grand prize winners will be selected.
1. CONTEST TIMING: The contest submission period begins at 10 a.m. PT on Oct. 9, 2014 and ends at 10 a.m. PT on Nov. 8, 2014. The contest judging will take place on Nov. 10, winners will be announced the same day.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Prizes in the contest will be awarded to the best video, as deemed by the panel of judges, submitted by an individual. OROGOLD employees are not eligible to win contest prizes.
3. TO ENTER: During the contest period, go to www.orogoldgiveaway.com and follow the online instructions to complete the submission form. Upload your video (the “submission”) to YouTube and include the link to the video in the designated area of the submission form. To upload your submission, you must have an account with YouTube.
To sign up for a free YouTube account, visit http://www.youtube.com/create_account and follow the online instructions for registration. The video’s format and size must follow the video upload guidelines for Youtube.com, available at www.youtube.com. YouTube is not a sponsor of this contest.
Your submission must also:
• Demonstrate how to use or review an OROGOLD product
• Be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes in duration.
• Comply with these Official Rules and the submission guidelines as stated in Rule No. 4.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about OROGOLD or its services, products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which OROGOLD wishes to associate. OROGOLD reserves the right to and will, monitor or screen submissions prior to posting them to the OROGOLD Cosmetics YouTube Channel. By providing a submission, you agree that your submission may be posted on OROGOLD-related websites, in OROGOLD’s sole discretion. OROGOLD has no obligation to use or post any submission you submit. By providing a submission, the submitter grants to OROGOLD, an exclusive, perpetual, transferable license to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the submissions in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the contest submission period will be ineligible. Submissions cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than the OROGOLD’s trademarks, logos, trade dress, brands or products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties other than the submitters(s) or OROGOLD (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself be in, a violation of any law. By submitting a submission you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your or your team’s original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not received previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you/your team have obtained permission from a person who is used in the submission or whose name, likeness or voice is used in the submission, if any, and (f) that publication of the submission via various media including online posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such submitter will indemnify and hold harmless OROGOLD and parties donating prizes from any claims to the contrary. Any submitter whose submission includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the submitter (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including OROGOLD’s use of such submission, in the model/image release form provided on the contest website or another form satisfactory to OROGOLD, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of submitter as a finalist. Any submission that, in the sole opinion of OROGOLD, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled submissions are not eligible. All submissions become the sole property of OROGOLD, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a submission, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place OROGOLD under any obligation,that OROGOLD is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, OROGOLD does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to OROGOLD, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
5. CONTEST JUDGING: During the contest judging period, submissions will be judged on the following criteria: (a) Creativity; (b) Originality and vision; (c) Enthusiasm for the brand
6. PRIZE DETAILS: The grand prize which will be awarded to the two entries that receives the most votes will be a $1,000 credit to orogoldcosmetic.com. Additional prizes will be awarded to select individual and team entries. Please note that prizes are subject to change.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by OROGOLD or parties donating prizes resulting from submitter’s submission in the contest in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the OROGOLD or the parties donating prizes for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, cable, satellite, network, electronic, Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest. OROGOLD and parties donating prizes are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest-related materials. Use of website is at user’s own risk. OROGOLD and parties donating prizes are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest. Should any portion of the contest be, in OROGOLD’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of OROGOLD, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or uploading of submissions, OROGOLD reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest, and select the winners from eligible submissions received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by OROGOLD.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the contest, submitters (and submitter’s parent or legal guardian if Submitter is a minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release OROGOLD and parties donating prizes from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such submitter’s participation in the contest; and (b) participants waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. If a finalist/winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.