Facial skin peeling, a condition known as desquamation, can lead to a number of disorders and cause direct damage to your skin. Skin peeling is natural and can take place among people of all age groups. However, excessive peeling can end up being extremely irritating and painful. Most people feel the urge to pick at their skin, but this simply ends up making things worse. It occurs due to all sorts of reasons. Thus, before understanding the best remedies for facial skin peeling, you need to understand its causes. In fact, the remedy you choose could depend on the causes that led to peeling in the first place.
Causes of Facial Skin Peeling
The following are the main causes that lead to skin peeling.
- Sunburns – One of the most common causes of skin peeling is a sunburn. Overexposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun can cause skin damage, and lead to skin peeling.
- Dry skin – Dry skin is another reason why you experience skin peeling on your face. When the skin is dry, the cells don’t stick to each other, and this leads to flaking. Dry skin usually occurs due to poor skin care routines, choosing the wrong products, living in places with low humidity or using harmful skin care products.
- Eczema or Allergic reactions – Skin issues such as eczema, fungal infections such as ringworms or allergic reactions can also lead to skin peeling.
- Lower immunity levels – Having a lower immunity level or cancer can result in skin peeling.
Treatments for Skin Peeling
Here are some of the best ways to treat your facial skin peeling issues.
- Moisturizing – Moisturizing your skin regularly using the right kind of moisturizer is essential. Look for products that contain a healthy mix of vitamins, nutrients, essential oils and antioxidants. It also makes sense to choose a protective day moisturizer for your morning regimen and a hydrating night cream for your nightly routine. Check the ingredient list before purchasing the product to ensure that you don’t buy something that contains harmful ingredients or ingredients which irritate your skin.
- A proper diet – Having a healthy and balanced diet that is rich in vitamins, iron and proteins is essential to avoid skin peeling and dry skin issues.
- Cucumber extract – Products that contain cucumber extracts can work wonders for people suffering from facial skin peeling.
- Honey – Honey is considered to be one of the best ways of treating facial skin peeling issues. All you have to do is apply honey all over your face and leave it on for 30 minutes. Apart from reducing peeling, honey also acts as a natural moisturizer and gives your skin a refreshed and rejuvenated look.
- Lactic Acid – Queen Cleopatra was known to bathe in spoiled milk to enjoy the skin healing benefits that it offered. The reason why spoiled milk has always been so effective in skin care is that it is rich in lactic acid, a protein that cures all sorts of skin issues. Lactic acid is an anti-inflammatory ingredient and is known to work wonders in booting your skin hydration.
In most cases, these remedies coupled with a proper diet and a healthy skin care routine is more than enough to treat your facial skin peeling issues. However, if you don’t see improvements, ORO GOLD recommends you to visit a dermatologist or a skin specialist for a proper diagnosis.